Friday, February 5, 2010

Hawk At Breaktime




Was just
sitting down to Breaktime, whitebean soup and pastrami sandwich, and friend came in...'Hawk's outside!'.....and out I went in much the same fashion as yesterday...had the new camera with, and found Hawk in the same favorite Trees....didn't worry too much about the tourists...there were too many!...and Hawk was unperturbed....my friend came out with their camera too, and I got the cameo pic....didn't think to have them take the same cameo of me...would like to have had pic of Hawk perched on my shoulder!...before work I paddled over to the Post Office...pic of Chickaree inspecting my discards in the Backyard...pic for sometime...Does and Fawns and Bucks in the Oak Grove...pics and clips for sometime....have Ravens atop the Woodpecker Tree from yesterday...clips and pics for sometime too!...Ravens, Blue Jays, and quietquiet around about Bobcat Meadow...light rain last night, and looked to be some new snow on the Walls... clearing during the walk...clouds moving through....I had looked all about for Cedar, wanted to keep the string of Hawk sightings going...much thanks to my friend for the fifth day in a row!


quote

Sitting by our camp fire, the next evening a mass of rocks feel from the cliff near us, loosened, probably, by the previous rain. Starting like a crash of thunder, it came like the tread of an earthquake, while rocks and trees dashed into the valley, whose twilight solemn stillness was broken by the uproar, prolonged by innumerable reverberations. We retired with feelings fully impressed by the awful manifestations of Nature with which we were surrounded;— It would require a much larger space to recount our advertisers in grouse shooting and trout fishing, my wanderings with pencil and sketch book, hunting after the picturesque, admiring the glorious sunrise effects, or the beauties of the declining day from choice points of view. The time passed like a dream, and it was with regreat that we left the beautiful Valley of the Yohemity, bound on an exploring trip to its head waters, far among the snow-clad peaks of the Sierra Nevada, of which more anon.

Thos. A. Ayres

http://www.yosemite.ca.us/library/a_trip_to_the_yohamite_valley/

Well, I figured out how to copy paste. I do the copy as I normally do, control c, and then in blogger I go from 'compose' to 'edit html', and there I can do control v, and then back to compose, and that works, though one must be careful not to alter the code stuff...I just dont understand why the upgrade to explorer 8 disabled the old way!, anyway, it has kept me up till nearly three am!!

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

what a beauty! i am missing the webcams so much. can't wait til they are back up and current.