Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Redtail Hawk And Bear










































































































Up early to deal with the dishevelment...yet another Inspection!...hmmph...early Breakfast, and back to the Cabin for snooze...oh!...pic of Blue Jay nest building for sometime...an ImpossibleImpossible Nest between two Rooms' Doors.....after noon, like one..paddled over to the Village for Mail and errands....and Shuttled back to the Cabin for all the gear....now, yesterday at Lunch, I thought I saw Big Wings fly to a Cottonwood across the Merced...was hopeful it was a hoo hoo...and thought to get up early this morning to go looksee...pics I took of the Tree didn't show anything, at least on the laptop...more on this in a bit!...so geared up, I started the Path to Swinging Bridge...and felt remiss I didn't get out at Dawn....but anyway, Hummingbird atop the Alder again...pic for sometime....and at Ozone Beach, Mallards circling around again...pic for sometime!....Does and one Fawn about the Path too...pics....made the Big Loop counterclockwise...sat awhile at Four Things Log...and went over to look at the Cottonwood from last evening....Pond thereabout, and I suspected I may have seen Mallard and not Big Wings.....crossed the Boardwalk, and along the Cottonwood Groves...feeling a bit disconsolate and recalling last April's walks hereabout!...anyway, when I reached Chapel Bridge, sighted Male Tanager, I think...far away pic....and I thought that was about all for the Day....thought to return to the Cabin and watch Bones....when I got to Flicker Grove, I sighted Blackbirds chase Big Wings into the Oaks that look out to the Elm and Half Dome...and the Day started!....for the next hour or so, I went Tree to Tree, some Hummocks too!, with Redtail Hawk....a new Hawk...and hence to be named..'Redtail!'...very cool...I could report each Tree..but there are clues in the pics and clips for the observant for each place about Bobcat Meadow....not all of them are up...many too blurry or far away...last Tree was one of the Cedars in Flicker Grove...same Snag Branches I have clip of Coop on...my vantage on the Boardwalk over the Lily Pad Pond...looked down a moment, and Hawk flew off somewhere...I'd dropped my Bandana on the walk, so retraced my steps all the way to Swinging Bridge...and there I sighted Bear way over by Two Top Pine...set up the digi...invited the tourists on the Bridge to looksee...moved to the end of the Bridge for some more clips...Flicker in Snag thereabout drumming...pic for sometime...Bear is 66...or 99!!.....farfar away clips...and card filled up....picked up...left Bear Browsing in the Scorched Forest... and paddled along the Merced to Ozone, and back to the Cabin....an unusual day!...first time to see Hawk in Springtime...and a knockdown Tree to Tree!! ....cloudy grey to sunny cloudy, warm...too warm for Snow tomorrow..but that's the forecast!...oh....I reviewed the Cottonwood across the Merced pics last night for Big Wings...and didn't see anything....but tonight, I could see them better on the Desktop Screen...Big Wings was in the Branches...and looks to be Redtail...and on the walk today, Blue Jays were scolding some Critter at Creek's End...but River too deep and fast to cross to looksee...but I think it may have been Redtail too...didn't find the Bandana....but I dropped the 20x big time on the Path...slipped out of the Pouch...clunked so hard the memory card popped out...but no harm done!...so more lucky than not!