Friday, October 15, 2010

Blue Jay And Owls














After Breakfast, Shuttled over to the Village...book came....paddled back through Bobcat Meadow to the Creek, and sat awhile, reading, at Duck Harbor...Phoebe, Ouzel, Song Sparrow about..oh...Brown Creepers back at the Artists' Grove...pic...and Blue Jay, with Acorn in Beak, landed on the Leaves behind me...missed pic with Acorn, and another where Blue Jay finished hiding Acorn by setting a Golden Oak Leaf on top...pics up maybe give the idea...sunny hot blue...at Lunch: soon as I got back into the Woods, heard Sentinel and Ponderosa, and was able to locate, and sight Sentinel and Ponderosa together....veryvery cool!...pics up....Ponderosa flew off to my left, then Sentinel to my right...blurryblurry pics of both flights, Sentinel's the pic up...still had lots of time, so walked back up the Channel, and sat reviewing the pics....and while looking down, Ponderosa flew overhead to the Cottonwood, and Sentinel to the Oak next to it, and they hoo hoo hoo a duet for a long while, and I listened..and tried for a clip...clip up...I say tried because the camera quit, in low light the video kicks out, or some time meter shuts it off--things I've yet to study out...anyway, I missed the part where Sentinel flew over to the Cottonwood next to Ponderosa...I listened some more, while Owls moved to different perches...picked up...time....and could still hear Owls from the Path between the Rooms....not enough light left, or I might have been a lot later to work!....thought to do video when Owls were together for the pics....maybe pics give the idea of Owls' hoo hoo hoo duet then too!!...oh...I have Owls backwards, Sentinel has the low hoo hoo, and in clip is perched on the Cottonwood!...Owls woke up the Acorn Woodpeckers--didn't realize Acorns were about in the Canopy!

No comments: