Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Owls





After Breakfast, paddled back to the Dogwoods....Redheaded Sapsucker, Flicker, Robins, and White Headed Woodpecker, about....pics and clips for sometime...heard one call from Hawk far away...left off from the Dogwoods, and paddled out to Two Top Pine Meadow along the Merced...returned through the Burnt Forest...quiet...sunny magnificent blue warm...at Lunch: asked for an hour lunch, a lucky impulse, and granted...work that slow...gathered all the gear at the Cabin, and crossing the Backyard, heard hoo hooo right away...hurried back to the Creek, and out to Creek's End...Sentinel and Ponderosa were perched in two separate, but nearby, Ponderosas....actually, Sentinel was on the same Branch of another evening a few days back...lots of light left, and, oh, what can I say...I got two knockdown hd clips of both Owls!...I had along the 20x, and left the newer camera recording Ponderosa while looking for Sentinel...clip and pics with the 20x...for some reason, the 20x no longer has hd selection on the menu...20x has been dropped to often, I suspect....neither Owl seemed inclined to fly off. and both looked a bit sleepy, so I returned to the tripod, and found the camera off--card full...deleted much of the Dogwood clips and pics of the morning, and thought, 'maybe I can get hd clips of Sentinel too'....quiet as I could be, picked up, and moved to where I had the view of Sentinel....and after some pics, set the camera to video--another long clip!...and at the end, Sentinel flies off after Ponderosa, I think, as when I checked Ponderosa's Ponderosa!, Pondersoa was gone....time...and too dark to use the whole hour (used fifty minutes)...on way back to the Cabin, could hear calls from Sentinel by the Creek, and wondered where Ponderosa had flown off to....oh...Mama Doe and One Fawn in the Backyard in the morning, and Mama Doe and Two Fawns by the Tiki Temple in the evening....pics.....