Saturday, October 16, 2010

Owls Two






After Breakfast, Shuttled over to the Village, and back to the Cabin--Laundry to put in the Dryer...paddled back to the Creek, sat awhile at Owl Log....tried to figure out the video controls on the newer camera.....moved upcreek by Duck Harbor to sit awhile...quietquiet...time...sunny through broken overcast clouds, warm....at Lunch: soon as I got to the Woods, heard and located Owls....Owls apart this evening...tried to use what I learned with the video earlier, but the clips were still being stopped...thought I'd found menu selection that set time duration...have clips of both Sentinel and Ponderosa, but most in pieces...finally did get one long clip, the one up, and recorded what I wanted most, both their calls....each has a distinctive call....camera with lens is just to heavy to hold out front steady...tried to steady myself leaning against Tree Trunks...Sentinel would look down at me fussing with the camera...and I felt a bit foolish, as I do sometimes!...but I keep trying...must be someway I can hand hold the camera steady...time..could hear Owls all the way back at Last Chance, but thereabout only because my ears were attuned to their calls...doubt if anyone else noticed!...camera, cameras!, are a puzzle!

Well, the message I get is the 'video has been stopped automatically', and the bar that shows up, which I thought a timer of some sort, is showing the video buffer....did searches, and maybe san disk extreme III card will work...payed a lot for the san disk 16gb ultra I'm using!...hmmph...curio is that I got it to work at all, as I did do a long hd at Owl Log, and the clip up is hd too, and lasted...(reformatted to mpeg for web)....and what is the duration menu selection for?....hmmphmmph!....oh...on my ultra card is a small '4', which indicates 'Class 4', and what one needs is a card with a small '10'... 'Class 10'....these 'Classes' relate to the speed of the cards...and now to amazon for the 10 card, and then to class 1--sleep...

No comments: