Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Windy Day Hawk





Skipped Breakfast (out and about too late), and paddled out to Bobcat Meadow....Algae growing in the Hummock Ponds...time enough just to make the Outside Loop...quiet...Buck at CAD Beach...Three Mallards at Ozone Beach, near actually...Two Mallards flew low over the Merced, and to a Pond in the Woods...then One Mallard flew up from Pond by the Path and to the Woods....sunny, blue, hazy clouds, warm....report of Bear at the A Meadow....pics up from Merced Wildlife Refuge...as I walked Meadowlark Lane (a short Trail thereabout at the entrance) Hawk was always overhead, riding the Wind...hesitated to take pics...have lots of pics of Redtail Hawk overhead!....but Hawk was calling calling... and so I clickclickclicked...and then Hawk flew near the Sun, which I knew would backlight Hawk's feathers...and took some more pics, among them the two up, which I discovered in reviewing last night...very cool....oh....I described the new Flowers I was seeing on the roll down the hill Tuesday to friend at work...Lupine, purple and white, and a Yellow Flower...'tar weed'...'huh?'...I asked for repeat three times!, not sure of hearing sometime...anyway, the Yellow Flowers I saw are indeed called 'Tar Weed"...name earned from their sticky Stems...anyway, Tar Weed is blooming a lot, and if my memory remembers right of previous Canyon Blooms, Poppies will follow, and indeed, friend has seen a few Poppies...I've seen a few Poppies on the rollouts, just a very few at Carrizo Plain....and sometimes lots of Poppies, and Daffodils, too, in Towns like Mariposa...Mariposa always has Flowers....but these are planted I imagine....recent Flower pics for sometime soon!

No comments: