Friday, July 22, 2011

Golden Gate Owl and Hawks






I found one of the Owls in Golden Gate Park...when I got there, I parked Silver in the Museum Parking Garage, and walked over to where I thought Stow Lake is, at the intersection of Martin Luther King, and Presidio (Hwy 1)...thereabout I was diverted by Hawk, Redshoulder call...and sighted Hawk across 1 high in a Eucalyptus..pic up, and clip and more pics for sometime...left off, and found the Lake, which wraps around a Hill...not sure where to look for Owl, but saw group above on Trail sighting...too shy to ask what!!...walked up to where they had been, and looked and looked, but no luck...continued up the spiraling Hill Path, and sighted Hawk, same I thought, even told this to another group which arrived, and feel remiss, as on review, Hawk is Redtail....group was pleased to see Hawk, and told me Owl was ahead...encountered two more groups (guided tours of some sort--local College was one), and with their help, finally sighted one Fledgling Owl...farfar away pics and clips...haven't got the clip editor working right yet...so clip is short...looked and looked for all Four Fledglings, but no luck..Owl I saw flew from one Tree to another..and was sleepysleepy...Trees are Pines like Monterey Pines, and background the cityscape--a fine Roost for Owls!!...left off, and on the way down, Redtail was overhead, riding the Wind, and calling...pic...Park is very cool...lots to see...thought to go to the de Young Museum, but not enough time, and building is kinda intimidating...in fact, I contemplated just why in America, Americans imported the aristocratic architecture of Europe, and continue it with the design of our Museums...well, I cant explain this well in a short post!!...sunny blue with fog hovering over by the ocean...left off from the Park, and rolled all the way up the Coast...well, wait, lost 1 somewhere, and was on 101 all the way to Petaluma...and in heavy traffic...took the Road to Bodega Bay, and then up 1 all the way to Fort Bragg, my present perch!!...wanted to get to Arcata, and from there, make a foray to Prairie Creek Redwoods....will try that tomorrowmorrow, I think!!...more pics and clips from the Park for sometime...Coast Road is scenic, but would take much time to pause here and there, go down to the Ocean, and explore....did take some pics, for sometime too....

No comments: