Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Balboa






























Geared up around 8am, and reached the end of Balboa Pier after another long wait at The Triangle for Bus Route 71..almost picked up thereabout, sitting in the sun, but the Bus came along...breakfast at Ruby's...one fisherman caught a small Mackerel...no pic...no one else having any luck...paddled over to the Bay with the thought to look for fish poles in stores, and where one might fish on the Bay...took the Ferry across to the Island...enquired about a break down pole, pole in sections small enough to carry on bus..."yes, I have one for 300 dollars"...storekeep was having some fun with me, I think..."ah, that's a bit much..."...and paddled back outside, and walking about I found a public pier, and Egret thereabout intent on taking fisherman's bait...clip and pics...little pier has a fine view of the Pavilion, and thought is to join the thousands that have done a pleine air painting from thereabout...for sometime...in fact, I've been wanting to take my watercolors along, but I'm too worn out when I've been getting home from the ridearounds that I haven't put the paint set together...Dog was at the end of the Balboa Pier...took note of the chair...with sun shade...looked into the half day fishing boats...fishermen with fish pic...sunny blueblue hot....on returning to where 71 arrives in the parking lot near the Pier, I sat waiting and reading in the shade of a tall palm....was contentedly reading when a commotion, a dust up between a pedestrian and a car that pulled into one of the bus parking spots, started up...it was about the car going across the sidewalk crosswalk at the parking lot entrance without stopping...pedestrian had run after the car, and was swearing a blue streak...car driver was putting up a dogged defense...the two of them nose to nose through the half way rolled down window...it went on awhile, no one nearby giving much heed...a large homeless gal, dressed in a yellow chiffon like dress, was stretched under her large umbrella on the bus waiting bench, an American flag flying from her loaded shopping cart, and her hands were waiving while she was swearing too at someone on her cell phone...and a family was standing quietly aside the curb waiting for the bus, unconcerned...I took the D10 camera out, and started the video, so to record the talking, just in case...and went back to reading my book!....I felt some sympathy, as it was just yesterday I woofed at cars not honoring crosswalk...but geez, the pedestrian was really going off...c'mon, ya want part of me!'...and he was a skinny sorta jogger...the car driver finally backed up and pulled away, under much duress...not just me, with my cameras, but everyone now with cell phones, has the ability to record misdeeds, with remarkable ease...and on ride home I was thinking maybe it would be good thing if a 911 like system for video and sound in real time was in place...one could upload dustups and dangers immediately to watchful authorities...and while doing the blog pic uploads, John Walsh came on tv with a commercial for emergency cell phone...sighted the neighborhood Brown Squirrel nearing the house...first time since last sighting about a year ago!
 

No comments: