Monday, July 21, 2014

San Clemente Pier






Arriving at the Pier, after the walk down the shop lined street from where one hops off Bus Route 1 on PCH, I took a pic when the Pier below first came into view...this pic I thought too far and too busy with trees...a bit further on, I took one more, the top pic up...ok pic, I thought...and continued...on return, on leaving the Pier, I went down stairs and through a short tunnel under railroad tracks (Amtrak service)...a Painting was overhead, second pic, and I thought to take a pic of the Painting...but didn't, but the Painting tugged at me, and on reaching the steps going back up, I turned around and went back and took pic...it's the same view as the pic I took!....San Clemente Pier is like the most upscale of Orange County's Piers...I can say that now having been to all of them, I think...Aliso is apparently gone...San Clemente is wooden like Seal Beach, and they're both similar in atmosphere...very well maintained...San Clemente has a little snack stand, and bathrooms, and is painted on the railings!...got a soso 'fisherman catching fish' pic when I reached Pier's end...most of the fishermen were nearer the surf line, and I went back and sat a long while, hoping to get a better 'fisherman's hands holding caught fish'...but these upscale sorta fishermen weren't catching anything...had a mystery novel along, and read, waiting, after putting on lots of sunscreen and floppy wide brimmed hat...I think the Ocean hereabout is changing colors...it seems to have more turquoise in it than I remember...it was really a wild tropical blue...and a blueblue warm day...and a very long day, it was a long multiple bus ride...tried to take the Train back but couldn't figure out the vending machine...once back on Bus Route 1, I continued reading the book...I've never been able to read in a moving car, but find I can now on a Bus...I can really bury my nose in a book, I think I still have the bookworm illustrated bookmarker friend gave me--a treasure, and being nearsighted I'm more comfortable reading without my glasses, which means when I look up, the world turns into an impressionist's painting, though too exact in a way to be completely so... but seeing my surroundings blurred, and my thoughts taken up with the mystery story, the environs of the busses, were gone!...one plump Mexican girl took the seat next to mine, and promptly fell asleep...maybe I'll manage that sometime!!... one needs something to escape with!...the bus drivers today had a hard time with the miscreants...I don't normally swear, but crossing street, cars turning right wouldn't give way when I had green, and  &#&%!!

No comments: