Thursday, July 24, 2014

Huntington





Out and about around 7:30am...took the new folding chair along, but didn't use it...pretty much a just there and back morning!...back by 1pm...more Little Fish out at the end of Huntington Beach Pier...Mackerel being caught in pic...Mackerel at all the Piers everyday...and Lizardfish...don't know but the Lizardfish must be annoying, as they take bait before better eating fish come along...sunny blueblue hot...at the Swap Meets one sees these really cool wagons, like kids' wagons, but with inflatable big tires and wooden stake sides...I was contemplating getting one to haul fishing gear...an ostentatious figure I'd be walking out to Pier's End with such!...thinking more on this, I realized such a wagon wouldn't fit in Silver, so shelved the notion...but, but, yesterday in Big 5, I saw a folding version of just such a wagon, advertised to be used to haul camping gear to campsites...a must have...along with fishing gear, I can put the inflatable kayak in it I'm thinking, and transport that to the water too, a problem which has kept The Merganser deflated!... hopefully the foldable wagon is "rated" for the 30-40lb. weight of the inflatable kayak!!!...and everything is going to fit in Silver!!!...hmmph...review of the wagons, lots of brands, suggests the wheels are weak...and some reviews of inflatable kayaks suggest one is better off with solid kayaks...which led me to look at solid kayaks on trailers, and roof racks, and, sigh...sometimes nothing seems to work!...too pricey reason for much...I have a sixteen foot sailboat in the garage...been sitting there for...14 years!...and on a nice trailer...it's a double ended Boston whaler type with lanteen sail...very neat...like new...thousand bucks at the santa ana Wednesday night auctions...an impulse purchase if there ever was one!...can still hear the chuckling...'now you've done it, bought a sailboat..' from the other auction goers....is it Wednesday?...once having acquired the auction impulse, it never goes away!...well, I googled images to try and find pic of my boat, it's manufactured fiberglass, like a dory, not Boston whaler I guess, but I picture in my mind whale boats, and the fishing boats in Captains Courageous...Norska it's called, I think...it's so covered up with stored tenant's stuff, I can hardly see it!...hmmph...here's site about Norwegian double enders...being Norwegian descent is likely why it appealed to me!
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?121426-Small-open-Scandinavian-double-enders


No comments: