Friday, July 25, 2014

San Pedro







Well, discovered how to get to San Pedro...OC Route 60 to Route 121 Long Beacn to LB Route 42...hopped off just a short walk from the USS Iowa...and then walked from the Iowa to Cabrillo Beach Aquarium...I was about done in on the way back, and bagpipes began to play (clip), which put some pep back in my steps!...and just a short ways later, the Red Car showed up and took me to Ports of Call and 42....walked out the Cabrillo Beach Fishing Pier too...no one catching anything, so no 'fisherman catching fish' pic....pic of museum display will do!...whole Marina was remarkably quiet...it's filled with boats, and has wide sidewalks, plenty of benches, tons of parking spaces, but like a ghost town...maybe on weekends...overcast early on, clearing to hazy warm to hot...I'm walking back to the house on my street, and sighted my neighbor's poodle...been wanting to get pic of poodle on the putting green lawn, and asked...'sure!'....poodle, Bridget, wouldn't stop barking, but is friendly, and neighbor told me, with no prompting!, her fishing story...husband and her went out from Dana Point 20 miles last Wednesday (thereabout water temp changed from colder to warmer) and caught a big Dorado, and like twenty Yellow Tail...they have a big boat on trailer...the story is a kinda 'fishermen catching fish'...so...today success!...I'm really tired, and my feet are protesting all the cement and asphalt!

No comments: