Monday, July 25, 2016

OTI:two poems and notes:7/25/16

Open To Interpretation

Publicity

Oh,
I walked away
And
Then came back
Okay tell me
I'll stand and listen.
Oh, I have it noted
The community avoids me,
And that is my fault? you say.
I should have kept walking
And you keep talking
Explaining me to me,
Offering...
I don't see it
Just don't
Just stop
I don't want it.

DolphinWords

Notes:  Publicity...from a dream...I was being upbraided for being shy, I think, and didn't take it, woke up in fact when the dream got too pushy!...and I titled the poem 'publicity', but not sure that was the sentiment of the dream...it was more like some high school thing when a shy fellow hasn't asked a girl to a dance, and one steps up and 'Sadie Hawkins' him!...shyness has that vulnerability...went on about that in post about Hitchcock movie Suspicion...I'm not sure just what shyness is...brb...

quote

People who are not shy may be up-front, aggressive, or critical towards shy people in an attempt "to get them out of their shell." This can actually make a shy person feel worse, as it draws attention to them, making them more self-conscious and uncomfortable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shyness

unquote

...one of the remarkable things about the web is that wiki just sprung up like out of nowhere...and all the self similar sites...some more...

quote

Physical symptoms of social phobia can include shortness of breath, trembling, increased heart rate, and sweating; in some cases, these symptoms are intense enough and numerous enough to constitute a panic attack. Shyness, on the other hand, may incorporate many of these symptoms, but at a lower intensity, infrequently, and does not interfere tremendously with normal living.

same wiki

unquote

my whole family is shy...see it in my relatives immediately...like a family trait...some more than others...I could tell tales!...shyness is of course a defense everyone has...approach any animal as a stranger, and you'll usually see their shyness...I say usually, Maya, my dog, isn't shy at all...I've read it's the Husky trait to be sociable...she's part Husky and Shepard...Huskies don't make good watchdogs, I read, they greet everyone...it's a secret joy of mine to take her for walks, and see her greet everyone we meet...something I'd like to do myself...my hiking friend in the mountains was like that...she'd start up conversations with everyone we came across...alone, hiking, I smile, say hello, and continue past...oh, and that gets me where I wanted to go...city shyness...encased in our cars of course we don't greet and meet at all!...but at Malls and such, we walkabout with our own group, and it's not like we're going to invite anyone to bench sit and share tales!...and where I wanted to go with this is this quote from yesterday's link to quotes from Tale of Two Cities...I've been trying to gather this sentiment into a poem, and here early on Dickens has it...a long quote, but, hey, this isn't paper...

quote

A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other. A solemn consideration, when I enter a great city by night, that every one of those darkly clustered houses encloses its own secret; that every room in every one of them encloses its own secret; that every beating heart in the hundreds of thousands of breasts there, is, in some of its imaginings, a secret to the heart nearest it! Something of the awfulness, even of Death itself, is referable to this. No more can I turn the leaves of this dear book that I loved, and vainly hope in time to read it all. No more can I look into the depths of this unfathomable water, wherein, as momentary lights glanced into it, I have had glimpses of buried treasure and other things submerged. It was appointed that the book should shut with a spring, for ever and for ever, when I had read but a page. It was appointed that the water should be locked in an eternal frost, when the light was playing on its surface, and I stood in ignorance on the shore. My friend is dead, my neighbour is dead, my love, the darling of my soul, is dead; it is the inexorable consolidation and perpetuation of the secret that was always in that individuality, and which I shall carry in mine to my life's end. In any of the burial-places of this city through which I pass, is there a sleeper more inscrutable than its busy inhabitants are, in their innermost personality, to me, or than I am to them?

Chapter 3 A Tale Of Two Cities
Charles Dickens
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/A_Tale_of_Two_Cities

so, so, in the evening I went over to the $3 movie theater in the Orange Mall...Now You See Me 2 playing, and the theater filled up...I didn't see Now You See Me, the first one, but everyone else seemed to have...a fine tale of magicians as x men like heroes...and I think a film having the most gentle rating of any I've seen in a long while...a fine thing to hear the audience laugh...

quote

Thomas Benton claims that because shy people "have a tendency toward self-criticism, they are often high achievers, and not just in solitary activities like research and writing. Perhaps even more than the drive toward independent achievement, shy people long to make connections to others often through altruistic behavior."

from same wiki

unquote

Dickens

Was Dickens shy?...
brb...
nope, not a bit...
He managed Publicity just fine.

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: