Monday, September 29, 2008

American Dipper






Well...I geared up to to go up the Four Mile...but my left foot is sore...probably from last Monday's hike...so I just made made my regular Backyard rounds...was sitting below the Woodpecker Tree..pic...and Doe and One Fawn came from the little Sentinel Bridge parking lot...and walked right past me on the Path...new camera doesn't like to focus on moving things!..hmmph...anyway I picked up and followed them to the Apple Tree by Zeke's Cedar...One Fawn eats apples too now...and has lost almost all its spots...took some clumsy clips and pics...they walked right past me on along the Path....I left off and started out to the Post Office...and looking back..thought I saw them coming back to the Apple Tree...which would be a rare thing..the Critters rarely backtrack...but it was Mama Doe and Two Fawns!...who missed out on the fallen apples...I took the clip of them by the river...Ouzel at Duck Harbor at the end of the clip is...sorta my commentary on the news!!....anyway...walked about a lot...got my day off tuna sandwich lunch and munched it down at the Deer House picnic tables...it clouded up and was sprinkling....back at the Cabin I watched TV a bit...then out for an Owl Prowl...but no whooo...sat at Owl Log and did the little charcoal drawing....came to mind I draw like I made models as a kid...I follow the directions and expect there will be no left over parts!!...patchy clouds to overcast to partial clearing...and cool...with sprinkles...

No comments: