Sunday, September 7, 2008

Osprey




Glimpsed Coyote at the beginning of the walk...a tiny clip...tried to follow....but lost Coyote....crossed the Creek and sat awhile at the Picnic Benches...looking for Hawk!....continued over to Chapel Bridge and out Lodgepole Point...startled Fawns...there were two!...got some really nice clips for sometime...dont know where Mama Doe was...and wonder if there were Three!...these Two looked to be the same age as Three Fawns....they looked me over and then settled into the grasses....and blocked the Path to Creek's End!...so I went back the way I came and crossed the Creek...I wanted to touch base with Zeke's Perch...where I noticed some whitewash plop!....wondering over this I took a seat on the soft sandmud Creek Bank nearby...kindofa reflecting pond now there under the Leaning Cedars at Creek's End...looked up...and it was an 'omigosh' moment!....Osprey was circling...really cool...wish I could have gotten better clip and pics!...came a bit unglued!...didn't know at first what bird I'd seen...and had to study it out at work...and after some help I'm pretty sure it's Osprey....

Some reports: The crickets have been cricketing for weeks...and give a nice sound to the walk home which would otherwise be very quiet....Mountain Lion caught a Raccoon one night over at the Projects....a "slender" snake in the Merced at Stoneman Bridge....Crawdad in the Merced by El Cap....and this...in the backyard.... from one of my backyard neighbors!: "Bobcat chased the Ground Squirrel up the Ponderosa...Squirrel was desperate...and fell out of the tree!...and Bobcat flew...I mean flew!...down the tree....Ground Squirrel scurried up under my car...and Bobcat went under and tried to catch Ground Squirrel but couldn't!!" The last bit with body language...hands pawing and making a snarley face!

Sunny warm and blue.... Osprey is tomorrow's agenda...hope to see again here in the Valley...imagined vision of a dive into the Merced after Trout!...or at least Carp!....Meadow trip postponed...I cant be two places at once!!

No comments: