Thursday, September 11, 2008

On the Path




Rode the Shuttle over to the Post Office...paddled back through Cook's...sat a long while at Artist's Grove....on the Long Fallen Ponderosa....skygazed!...then walked on the Path and came on Doe and Two Fawns...while filming I heard jogging steps approaching...and without looking up...motioned backwards with my hand to stop....slow down...and they did!...usually they dont!...anyway...I found a place to stop and turned to thank them...and the poor fellow was very apologetic...but said he was in a hurry and desperate...he was a tour leader looking for a lost passenger!...so I found myself apologizing...and told him continue...but be careful not to startle the Deer...remarkably...he didn't...and encouraged I thought to move a bit closer...and of course Doe stood right up!...but it makes for a neat clip...and it would be neater with the end I didn't post...a family of four...two small ones in a stroller..showed up coming the other way and got a great view of Doe and Two Fawns...there are tourists about...but Cook's is never crowded...and I had a 'pocket of time' without disturbance to get the clips...

after crossing the Creek...and on the Path I often take...stirred up Flicker...and heard another behind me on the Ponderosa...got clip...they are very often in this same place...so I've learned to approach slowly here...kinda the same thing going out Lodgepole Point...oh...these are likely the same Doe and Two Fawns I saw there...though Fawns look very young out in the open!

Sunny warm and blue.

No comments: