Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Black-throated Gray Warbler













On the evening walk when I got to Creek's End...a new bird was perched in the Leaning Cedars...too slow with the 12x...it flew way off...I paddled quick to the Merced and found it way off on Half Stump...took a hopeless long pic...and looked it over with the binocs..."it looks like a Kingfisher!"...it seemed content to stay put atop the Stump...and I paddled quick...half way there I got the pic I post here...it does look to be a Kingfisher!.....it flew off again...but through the evening I could here it's 'rattling' call...I sat for awhile in Owl Woods...tried to study the new camera manual...'live view' requires that!...no whooo...picked up and sat at Owl Log...took some comparison pics with the 12x....the 12x is taking a clearer pic..hmmph...anyway...no whooo whooo there either...so picked up and went around about through Cook's and back to the Cabin and Last Chance for dinner....

Half Stump was in the 'script' in the morning walk too!....after paddling over to the Post Office...and picking up tuna sandwich lunch...I went to Duck Harbor and sat...and the Black -Throated Gray Warbler showed up...only way to see these little birds is to sit in one place...still...and waitwait...a Yellow Rumped showed up too...even got them both in one pic..but it's blurry...these little birds seem to hang out in those mixed species flocks....more like small bunches...oh...and then one small Merganser came waddling along..and plopped into Duck Harbor...pic and clip for sometime...in pursuit of that one good pic of Merganser that I really haven't got yet..I picked up...and followed Merganser all the way to Half Stump!...where I got a pic of Merganser diving there...

the clip...Creek Walk...is from yesterday...at the very beginning of that walk (mine!)..which had has it's destination the Little Valley...I got to the Riprap and saw ripples in a Creek Pond...once in the Creek Bed I saw these four Mergansers...and followed them under the Twin Cedars...under Wee Bridge...under two of the Fall's Paths Bridges...it was Mama Merganser and Three...Three are almost full grown...while following them I ran right into Mama Doe and Two Fawns hidden among the Ferns on the Upper Creek Bank...clip and pics for sometime...Fern Doe!...tomorrow I'll try...

I've gotten a lot of neat pics the last two days...a whole bunch of Merganser clips and pics...heard Hawk day before yesterday and the day before....

Sunny warm and blue...with a little breeze...

No comments: