Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Map




I was looking for a clip to post from last mid September...and found the pic I took of the map put up when they did the proscribed burn...remember now I wanted to snag it!...it has all the major points of the walkabouts...I'll have to work with it in photo shop...replace some of the names with those I've been using...just for example...Leidig Meadow is Two Top Meadow...and Sentinel Meadow (I dont think anyone calls it that!...usually it gets included with Cook's on the other side of the river!) is called Chapel Meadow and Coop's Meadow...which is over by Swinging Bridge...
Took the usual walk over to the Post Office...pretty satisfied now the way I'm geared up...I have the two cameras...Canon S5 with teleconvertor...and Rebel xsi with 70-300 optical diffraction lens...and the Nikon Monarch binocs...and the Slik tripod...my Camel Back pack...and I'm a little overdressed I thought until I passed someone bedecked in similar fashion!...one thing I have that others dont...which I dont understand!...is Lowpro holster bags for both cameras...I dont like the cameras with the long lenses dangling out where they bang into trees...or the ground if I tumble...which I have!!
one thing I might add is one of those Canon HD cam corders...they make a 12x which has a teleconvertor like the S3 and S5....the higher resolution would be the reason..I could put that in the Camel Back with the light Slik tripod...
the other part of the gear is the computers...both HP...one a desktop Pavilion..the other a laptop Pavilion....HP makes some small really nice portable hard drives that can hook up with cable or slip into the tower...I keep adding them as I fill things up!...
then there's things like boots and clothes...I'll have to make another blog just to discuss gear!....
Over by the Post Office I thought to go to the Indian Village...this time of year it's very quiet....almost like the Graveyard!...which it kinda reminds me of...and I was thinking to get pics of birds and squirrels....as there about...but I visited one of the little dioramas...the 0ne posted here is very well made...and a shame it's obscured by dust!....I dont know who looks after these things...and the stuffed animals too at Happy Isles Nature Center...but they are all covered with dust and cobwebs!!...hmmph...I suppose I could take along some Windex and paper towels...along with a trash bag...which I keep forgetting and end up coming back to the Cabin with my back pockets full of collected trash!!
warm sunny and blue with clouds...tried to get some Squirrel and Woodpecker pics...but no luck...sat awhile at the Creek...very quiet.....
Oh...I'd like to mention that I acquired all this gear in a very slow fashion!...for more than a year all I took pics with was disposable 35 mm cameras...then a year so with a Canon Elf film camera...then after getting the laptop...a Nikon Coolpix 5600.....I would still be using that except that I wanted desperately to take pics of the animals...and after much online searching and study...happened on the Canon S3....and it's teleconvertor....it's history, and the newer ones, is in the blog...all of this happened over a stretch of five years in the Valley!!
Printers and scanners and softwares are sore points I dont talk about....I have Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premier...mostly I just use them to crop and glue together clips...I've sat in too many classes in school fooling around with these things!!

No comments: