Monday, September 15, 2008

Owl Woods
























Went to the Meadows for the afternoon....saw Hawk...long distant pics and clips...while sitting waiting skygazing... the White-Crowned Sparrows came by...Mules came by over by Sept. Bridge...pic expands the motif of Critters drinking to the Tuolumne!...was going to spend the night in Tents for Rent..but they were booked up...so came back to the Valley...once home I paddled over to the Post Office....photo magazine came...went through Cook's over to the Twig on Lodgpole Point...and read awhile...taking pics makes me appreciate other's pics...and the little technical notes too!...oh...at Chapel Bridge I talked with tourists who had Bobcat pic...just missed Bobcat strolling across the Bridge!...looked about but no luck...from the Merced bank there by the Twig I picked up...crossed the Bridge and was on my way to the Big Loop...and whooo whooos started coming from Owl Woods...what to do!....paddled on down opposite Creek's End...took my boots off and waded across in my sox...I need some cushion for the stones!...ouch ouch ouch...shades of Sentinel Owl!...anyway....I tried to locate the sounds...plural!...there were two Owls...one a high whooo...whooo...the other deep and low...it's on the clip!....I never did locate them...saw them fly off across the Merced to the Aspens there on the opposite bank...wanted to record the whooos with Sentinel in the clip...but too much bangety banging traffic!....I...I really really like the Owls in Owl Woods!...in the Meadow I heard report that Owls are at the Twin Bridges "chasing one another" in the evening...had hoped to see them...but the local ones were a welcomed substitute!!...sunny warm and blue...very blue above the Meadows...Does and One Fawn were by the Lily Pads...saw one Doe in the Meadows...and a Buck and Doe in the Woods...I think they make like a neoprene sock for Scuba divers...epitome of Tender Foot, I am!

Oh...Mama Raccoon with little ones at Last Chance....in the dark walkways entertaining...camera flashes lighting up!....I've got so many things around my neck!...two cameras...binocs...and the Camel Back straps usually overlapping!...set the grocery bag with snacks down to get untangled...and got a couple night flash pics with the 12x...how the new camera can do this is a mystery now!....anyway...Mama got into the bag...and wouldn't give up the Cheetos Sack for anything...no matter how loud I whooped and stomped my feet!...my bad...last I saw...heard..they were all quarrelling over it!!..they can be snarley...and not to be approached too closely!...and tourists got a pic to remember!!

No comments: