Monday, September 22, 2008

Mystery Bird




Well...it was a long day...too long to tell about!...so I just post up this one pic and clip...I was almost to Nevada Falls...and I heard a whole bunch of these birds making the sound that's mystified me here in the Valley....this tree is on the ridge to the right of Nevada Falls...and I'm looking up to it from the trail...kinda where the last switchbacks were....

wonderful day...except for the dour discovery that the Mist trail has been blacktopped from Happy Isles to Vernal Bridge...I came down in the dark from Nevada...headlamp...and stepped onto it after going over Vernal Bridge...I had gone up the Mule Trail...dont recall the asphalt as part of the Valley Plan (Appendix C!)...or being brought up by the critics...many of the trails had been asphalted....and have gone to heck with erosion...but I dont think redoing them a good thing...very hard on the knees for one thing!...the constant pounding in the very same areas of joint connection...well...it's like a carpel tunnel hazard!....sigh...sunny warm and blue...if one ever has the chance...take a headlamp along and come down after nightfall from the Valley rim on one the trails...preferably one that hasn't been paved!!....the Crickets tonight were like Mother Nature purrring....the birds might be Blue Jays...

No comments: