Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Creek Bobcat




Went on the morning walk to the Creek RipRap...took my seat by the Woodpecker Hole Pole Tree...and was looking up stream to the Twin Fallen Cedars...and Bobcat came down the opposite bank...just that simple!!...and well...I didn't come entirely unglued!...and inspite of being long distance pics and clip and blurry and over exposed because of the expanse of sun shining gravel between...these might be my favorite pics and clip!...

I have a list of hoped for pics and these were two:...Bobcat taking a drink from the Creek (this is a 'motif' I'm collecting of the Critters all drinking from the Creek!), and Bobcat leaping (been very envious of the story of Bobcat leaping over by the Backpacker's Camp Creek), and I got them both in one shot!!

I kept my seat and waited...but Bobcat disappeared into the Backyard...picked up and continued to Creek's End and then across Cook's...I had a destination in mind...from the Shuttle and Hikers Bus I've seen Ducks resting on the Water Level Boulder...this in the Merced just below Housekeeping...and I wanted to get their pics...on the way I startled One Fawn just above Sentinel Bridge...I stayed still until Mama Doe hooked up...One Fawn made a bleet!....was going to work around for pics but thought I saw Hawk glide on the opposite bank....following took me to the Boulder...and there they all were...Mallards Preening, I'll call the clip!...and it replaces and then some the one I lost of Mallard Preening!....went through Housekeeping to the Store...happened on an auto injured Ground Squirrel being beset by two Ravens...really sad...Ground Squirrel escaped under a boulder...but the injuries were serious....went over the Housekeeping Bridge and back up the Merced to a shady spot...place I was on the photo walk..trying to identify the "bird that flies furiously!!...Mountain Dew and Animal Crackers for a snack...then to the Post Office and back to Last Chance for late lunch and the Cabin for a nap!...

On the evening walk went out through Owl Woods to Creek's End...watched two Mallards....then to the Deer House Picnic Benches...watched through the Binocs a Buck under the Appletree (Buck and Spike were nearby there in the morning)...crossed Chapel Bridge on the Big Loop....and the Doe was at the White Headed Woodpecker's Home again...got clip...actually two Does...two clips!...colors in the video are rich in the evening...lots of Goldenrod....saw with binocs Buck way out in Coop's Meadow (miss Coop!)...finally out by Two Top Pine Meadow...got really cool clip of Bats and Thin Crescent Moon above the Cathedrals...it's amazing the 12x gets anything in the low light...let alone that what it does is often very true to the colors...and mood...of what I actually see!

No matter what other cameras I get, I'll always have the 12x along...and it'll likely be the first to go to...I cant imagine any other way to have gotten the Bobcat pic and clip!!

Pics and clips of the Mallards and Bats and Does for sometime...

Sunny warm and blue...a little breeze....and would have been quiet...'cept the power was down for the day and the Tiki Temple backup generator was raising an unholy ruckus at Creek's End!!

No comments: