Thursday, September 18, 2008

Camera Walk Pics











These are the pics from the Canon walk...they finally came via email...I didn't have time to review them when I took them...so they loomed large in my imagination!...
I dont know if it was the walk...or coming home and finding Owl and not having that camera and lens...that led me to aquire that camera and lens!! Here's link to that post: http://treeinthedoorvideo.blogspot.com/2008/06/owl-back-in-owl-woods.html
The face-on pic of the Owl I posted a couple days ago is actually with the 12x...I have the same pose with the new camera...and uploaded it to Kodak...and ordered an enlargement...very curious to see how it compares with the 12x's!! The profile is with the new camera...comparing them the resolution is better with the new camera...but I'm familiar with the manual controls on the 12x and was able to adjust focus and exposure...the rustling in the clip is me thumbing through the manual trying to figure out the manual settings on the new camera!!...the 12x's controls by the by are a work of genius....and are really appreciated when trying to get pics and clips of the critters!!
Got up at dawn and after pancakes walked out to Creek's End...and then over to Cook's...and back across the Creek to the Cabin to curl up!....woke up with an hour left before work and peddled over to the Village on a work related errand...a pic of a Doe by the Lilypads...and one of Young Buck by the Deer House...but that was it!....smokey in the late morning from proscribed burn...otherwise sunny warm and blue.
Canon has a set up like Kodak...but I haven't explored it...and it's where the pics are...I downloaded copies but they came across at low res...I really wish the Tanager was high res...and that doggone branch hadn't been so long!...in my recollection I saw just the Tanager against the Ponderosa Bark..on just a stub of a branch...I...I'll have to do a painting!!...Flicker was in the Appletree by the Woodpecker Tree..where the Woodpecker pic is from...and the Sister was by Chapel Bridge.

No comments: