Saturday, September 20, 2008

Piping Squirrel






I often hear the lament that the cars and roadways are in the way of a good pic of one of the icons...in fact I heard it yesterday....and answered with directions to view sights without the road problem!...well...today I realized a simple solution...just kneel down...or get in a low area...and use the meadow to block out the roadway...while taking this Falls pic out in Cook's beside the Merced...Mama Doe and Two Fawns walked by...they'd been somewhere near the Apple Tree...my nearby destination...they walked on and beside the Path over to Flicker Grove...and I picked up and followed...tried for some pics...and didn't get very good ones...they were heads down browsing....and didn't have much better luck with two Bucks resting in the Deer House Oaks...did get the clip and pic of the Ground Squirrel at the Deer House early on...which I like...

this morning before just before sunrise I heard a new bird...at least I think it was a bird...there's a lot of odd noise makers hereabouts!....but it went...ha ha ha ha ha ha....ha....ha.....and then for awhile just a sequence of ha..ha ..ha ..ha....and 'ha' isn't the sound...it's hard to recall!...if I hear it again I'll hop out and record it!....

sunny warm and blue today....I think everyone in France is on vacation hereabouts!

No comments: