Monday, September 21, 2009

Blue Heron Bridge











Blue Heron pics from yesterday...this morning, paddled over to the Post Office, pic of new little bird in Bobcat Meadow...for sometime...Shuttled back as far as Lower Falls, hopped off, went to Flicker Grove, and found a place in the shade to stretch out....read the photog magazine from mail....so sleepy, I thought to take nap...then thought to go back to Cabin for that...crossing the Creek behind the Deer House, I could hear Pileated Woodpecker...and little birds were in the Alders at Duck Harbor...tried for pics..haven't reviewed them yet closely....never sure what all I have amongst the branches and leaves!!...found a shady spot on the gravel across the Creek from where I was hearing Pileated...and Pileated flew out of the Trees...landed on the Giant Log...and then down to the Creek cobbles to take a drink...pics and clips...very cool...for sometime...last three days I've gathered collections of Piliated, Little Birds, and Chickaree..all for sometime...I think I've found the old Black Oak Pileated is making a home in..has a kinda hollow top...and Pileated disappeared into it!...back at the Cabin, message on phone had news of Bronco...too expensive to repair...and so to the wreckers I guess...asked, and found it okay just to mail the title to the garage...so no need for another bus ride down and back to town...they'll take care of things...wanted to nap and watch TV, but outside I heard Hawk back by the Creek...so geared up, remembering to take tripod to camera attachment I forgot in morning walk....back at the Creek, no more calls from Hawk...but Pileated flew a circle around me while I was standing on the gravel at Duck Harbor...pic of Pileated on Oak...and the little birds were about...another effort for their pics...thereabout, I sit on the riprap and wait under the Alders...and while there, two Mallards came paddling by...pics...still hearing Pilaeated, I went over to shady spot on the gravel near the Giant Log...and sighted Chicaree with Pine Cone..clip..a very neat clip...for Chicaree's post up!...and pics...picked up, and Pileated flew by again, and lighted on a Cedar trunk low down...had time to set up the digi...clips and pics...for Pileated's post up!....no clip for tonight....too much editing to do, and too sleepy!...sleep debt goes all the way back to last Teusday!...anyway, tomorrow out and about for some more little bird effort...sunny hothot and blue...oh...back at the Cabin, did doze off..right in the middle of Bones...woke up without much daytime left...sun gone from Half Dome...but paddled out to Woods...quiet...but sighted Mama Doe with Two Fawns...
Link of the Day: (there's an odd drink sold in the store, the logo caught my eye, and researching it, found this charming tale of an early conservationist..been meaning to track out the history of conservation!...)

No comments: