Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Creek Pileated Woodpecker













Pics and clip from yesterday(Monday, actually)...figured out that in Premier I can control brightness...so corrected the kinda faded out look of the clip...a problem I've noted with all the clips, but didn't realize I had such an easy way to fix it!...there's a contrast control too, but at mpeg rez, that doesn't have much play....slept in, and payed off some sleep debt!...then out to the Creek after Breakfast...found a place to sit by the Water Level Measuring Pole...a good spot for the Little Birds....some shade for me, and sunlight on the Alder leavers for bird pics.....saw Grey Warbler...I'm trying to catch up with a sighting list posted in Yahoo birder group...serious birders put up species count lists each time they're out......I think they're were ten or so on the list, mostly Warblers of one sort or another, and different sparrows than the one I always see...Song Sparrow...wish it would cloud over and rain a little..then all the little birds come down to ground for grubs and worms...anyway, I've seen five or six on the list....tomorrow try for more....Kingfisher flew by while I was sitting...and I saw Flicker land at Duck Harbor...then fly up suddenly...and then all the little birds followed Flicker in a hurry...and I thought: 'Oh, this is what the books say happens when Hawk is about!'...and sure enough...Hawk came flying low out of the Deer House Woods, across the Creek, and up the Swath the way the others had flown...and it was a small Hawk...too far, and too fast, to know which one...but very cool....at the lunch sit, I heard Owl hooo hooo hoo hoo hooo hoooo...which was likely Sentinel...didn't hear Aspen or Cottonwood..unless they've grown to hooo hoooing!!...sunny hot blue with the slight breeze....oh...Mallard came by at the Pole..pics...

No comments: