Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Zoo Visit






Wasn't a certain thing to do, but with just enough time when I woke up, I paddled over to Last Chance and caught the Bus to Merced...and paddled all over Merced!!....was looking at cars and daydreaming....everyone seems to have one, I thought, watching them all rushing about, and trying to imagine myself back inside one rolling along driving....one feels very weak walking about on foot over all the cement and asphalt....and I took note of the number of handicap scooting about in motorized chairs....it's a hard world...didn't talk to any salesman, and none took note of my passing...last time at least one did....and the lots looked a bit empty...on the ride down, looking out the window, I tried to imagine how a car would help the walkabout effort...if I saw a Hawk, driving along, could I stop and get pics and clips!?...and...I'm not sure if I could!...everywhere there are fences...all the road side lands....miles and miles...are all fenced...so if Hawk perched in a Live Oak...I couldn't get close!...and also noted along the Merced canyon, watching the River from the Bus window, how I've never seen a Hawk....or even a Duck or two, thereabout...this was noted together with counting bugs on the big Bus front windows...just a few....the flora seems thriving...but there's a concern for the fauna....did see one Crane on ride down...and woke up from nap on way up to report of Hawk catching Snake...missed that!...and a second Crane....there's a little ditch with standing water nearabout Cathys Valley going though the farm land...in some past time before farming, it must have all been Live Oak forest...in the evening in town, a huge swarm of Buzz Birds, Vultures, were circling over nearabout the little Zoo...where I stopped in earlier, and took the pics and clips...towards the walkabout's end, I stopped in one store and got an mp3 player...which is supposed to have a pedometer and video...but it came with no instructions...so am a bit mystified...guess they're on line somewhere....and bought some unlevi genes on sale...2 for 1...some stores have closed....but Merced seemed lively enough..and always friendly people in the stores...sunny hot blue...did get a car..tinytiny...diecast race car came with the HappyMeal!....Mountain Lion dreams of the hillsides, the same yellow now as Mountain Lion's fur....

No comments: