Friday, September 25, 2009

Creek Chicaree




Pic and clips from Monday and Tuesday...if I remember right!....paddled back to the Creek with danish and orange juice (slept in too late for Last Chance Breakfast!)...and was happily eating and drinking, when I heard Hawk calling loudly somewhere just upstream from the Twin Fallen Cedars....I was at the Swath on the RipRap...'Maybe Hawk will come this way...' I thought, and waited...happy to finish the danish...oh!...but I should have just picked up immediately...glimpsed Hawk above the Creek...then again lifting off above the Deer House Oaks...I may have been able to catch up...Hawk's call woke up Owl, who hooo hoooed near the Deer House...checked, but no luck...up and moving, I decided to go through Bobcat Meadow to the Post Office, maybe catch up with Hawk...and heard another Owl in the Giant Ponderosa by Chapel Bridge...these day time calls from Owl are very soft...and easy to think it's just one's imagination!....I looked and looked....but no luck...but looking up into the Ponderosa made me appreciate its magnificence!....this often happens scanning for Owl....the forest canopy is a marvel!...at the Oak Branch that Arks Over Halfdome...looking up...it's like a dome of Oaks!...anyway, Bobcat Meadow very quiet...and very hot...passed the artists in their class...always diligent!...picked up mail, and Shuttled back...too hot for return walk!....sunny hot blue.....lunchtime sit was quiet, but thought I heard one soft hooo from Owl....warning with our paychecks today not to stretch lunchtime!...

2 comments:

Tom Lambert said...

Theresa is going to love that one. That's one of the best chickaree pictures ever! Should be in a calendar.

DavidDavid said...

Well, I'll have to get to work on a calendar...January is not far off! Thanks!