Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ponderosa Owl



Out early, and while doing clip of Mallards at Creek's End, a small rock slide was coming down on Sentinel's flank....clip with sound!....included the Mallards too....walked up the Diversion Channel, clip of Buck with five point antlers, still covered with felt a bit..for sometime...heard Falcon far away over by Rocky Point...made my way thataway, with a stop at Camp 4, where I was diverted by Pileated Woodpecker....clip, tiny, but with Pilieated's loud call!....for sometime...going tree to tree with Pileated took me through the Camp along Rocky Slope...and finally right into the Backyard of Last Chance!...lost contact, and only a second tiny clip.... continued across the Road back int0 Owl Woods...morning just too pretty to stop walking!...but I was hungry, and after a second loop back to the Creek, had Breakfast..and then to sleep...Mama Doe and Two Fawns were right by Last Chance...by the Perfect Dogwood in fact...lots of tourists...but not a busy day at work....and at lunch I went back to Creek's End to recover a piece of gear...my handkerchief!....and coming back heard Cottonwood and Aspen...could only locate one..pic and clip....this diversion made me fifteen minutes late!...a day of lucky sightings!...what with the rock fall...but the luckiest was inside Last Chance after work...a few of us were near the big windows...dark outside...and my friends were facing me..and I the window...and I saw Bat....two or three times dive towards the window...then it dawned on me what Bat was about, a Moth, attracted to the light as they are, was resting on the glass..."Oh!...Turn around and look!", I said...and just as my friends did, Bat swooped in and grabbed Moth...my friends were charmed by this a little bit...I, of course, was ecstatic!....sunny hot blue with high clouds...and in the evening the wind..see clip...that ghostly wind...was in the Pines with Owl!....good to hear Falcon...will make another foray to Rocky Point..though with caution of rock falls!....they seem to happen in the morning!...several streaks of white dust on Sentinel, I've noticed the last few days.

No comments: