Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cedar Hawk Portrait
























































Shuttled over to the Post Office....paddled back through Bobcat Meadow, and over Chapel Bridge to make the Big Loop clockwise...quietquietquiet in all three Meadows...lots of tourists though...traffic continuous on the Road, and Swinging Bridge!....finally took the new camera out behind the Rooms for Acorn Woodpecker high on a Snag...like to have something current to post up!... thought tonight I'd have to dig through the archive....but...behind the cabin, Blue Jays have a favorite Bush...right behind the wall behind my head as I write, in fact...though I dont know if they sleep there...anyway....Blue Jays were thereabout when I finished the walk...and time was near....and I tried for some pics...and got some I liked...one up....then I glimpsed Grey Squirrel by the Canoe...but lost sight...then glimpsed Chickaree hurrying behind a Cedar Trunk....couldn't find...and then I heard Hawk...'oh, somewhere by the Rooms again!' I thought...and hurried out the Bike Path, camera out and ready...trotting in fact, which I think amused some tourists!...reached the Rooms, and walked slow between out to the Road...and there was Hawk...low and right in front...on an Alder I think...Cedar pivoted and walked up the Branch...and flew off out of sight behind the Roof Line...out in front, I sighted Cedar on what might be the same Cedar Branch of a few days ago...I Indian walked, not looking up, head down in fact, and camera too, under the Branch, then turned and looked up, and Cedar had stayed put!...many pics!...past time....I left off, and back to the Cabin...skipped whiskers and teeth...and headed back to work, but stayed to the left of the Road...I had fifteen minutes, overtime, left!...and hoped Cedar may still be about...and was!!, very low on an Alder!...I turned to some tourists behind...asked for quiet, 'Hawk ahead!', and they obliged....think they got some cell phone clips while I clicked away with the new camera...manymanypics...left off, and just as I did, Cedar flew to another Cedar Tree and perched higher up...'find the Hawk' pic up...so...a walkabout that was quietquiet, ended with new favorite pics!...very cool...overcast, coolwarm...three day old report of Owl...'screeech?...screech? or hooo? hooo?'.....'hooo hooo' the reporter reported...and this in the early morning by the Train Wreck...so Owl is about, but being illusive!!....Shuttle driver friend reported seeing Hawk fly low right over the Cabin....

No comments: