Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hawk Search



















Hawk is in each pic...tomorrow I'll post up just where!....skipped Breakfast to make the same route of yesterday...when I got to Ozone Beach, sighted Hawk upriver at the Bend...top pic....had everything ready for pics, but Hawk wouldn't stay put...Hawk, the young Red Shoulder, I think, flew off into the Woods...second pic is near the Lunch Sit Log...Hawk joined up with another Hawk thereabout...and over the Bicycle Path, I could hear Hawk calling loud and clear...but I was still back in the Diversion Channel...by the time I reached the Path, both Hawks gone...continued the loop...quiet...very pretty...Rainbow on Upper Falls...(later, report of Rainbow around 3 pm, that stretched the whole length of Upper Falls...viewpoint from out in Two Top Pine Meadow)....when I reached the Cottonwoods opposite Creek's End, I startled Hawk...and Hawk flew across the Merced and up the Diversion Channel...this is like the third time I've seen Hawk do this thereabout...and 'am thinking to go sit awhile thereabout tomorrow....finished the Loop (forgoing wet boots) with time to have a couple croissants...one chocolate...before work at Last Chance...sunny warm blue with a breeze and a few puff clouds...nice day...reluctant to go to work!...report of Deer over in Two Top too...and hopefully tomorrow, I'll get some close Hawk pics!!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

David you have been nominated for an award...come and see
http://breadonthewater.blogspot.com/2009/12/on-winning-of-awards-and-prizes.html

If you don't have time right now to pass it on, no worries...but it does have great links you should check out.