Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chapel Bridge Kingfisher




Paddled back to the Creek...looked about the Backyard for tracks, and along the way...nothing new of note today from yesterday...few more Deer tracks....Stepping Stone Crossing, and out to Chapel Bridge...thought to sit in the Sun at Cottonwood Beach...and take a pic of Blue Jays' Bush before it was in shade from the Pines and Cottonwoods...which I did, and while taking the pics heard and saw Kingfisher fly by...thought if I went out on the Snow covered Shingle, and wait, I might get a Kingfisher pic...which I did, and happened on Mallard group...six females, three males...I took a lot of clips and pics of the Mallards...they moved along the frozen shore right up to me...meanwhile, Kingfisher would fly to and fro, making rattling call...tried for pics, but not much luck...until Kingfisher perched a long while in the Cottonwoods by the Bridge...pic and clip up...I have another in HD, but too long to process tonight...some of the Mallard clips, same thing...whishwish I'd taken the digi with...I thought to be on the move more, so only took along the 20x and new camera....but now I think I know how to get Kingfisher's pic...take along the digi, and waitwait on the Shingle like I did today!...Kingfisher perched for like ten minutes, and I photographed the Mallards over a period of forty five...all kneeling in the Snow...so was a bit stiff and cold when time came...picked up and paddled back..one more Kingfisher pic and clip from the Bridge...Kingfisher moved downstream a bit...but this clip even more blurry...crossed at the Stepping Stones going back..and at the Backyard happened on Buck, and Doe with One Fawn..got pics of Buck by Bus...for that collection!...critters by the Bus....and set the 20x up for a clip...and just as I did, Doe came running towards me with Buck in pursuit...but the 20x memory was full!...oh..I missed a good clip...coming around the front of the Cabin, I saw another Doe and Fawn...pics...I think this group was the Last Chance Doe and Two Fawns, but Fawns spread out, one with each Doe...Fawns now have winter coats...sunny cold blue....report of Owl screech calls in Scorched Forest....think I saw Hawk fly over the Chapel...missed pic...Mallards clip for sometime soon...Deer pics too...

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

thanks for the post. i wish i was in yosemite!