Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lower Falls Ravens




Oh!...I forgot to post up where the Hawk is in yesterday's pics....tomorrow....this morning I had Breakfast early enough....could have started out at nine thirty...which would have been a four hour walkabout...I considered this, and then considered the cold...and thought to nap for an hour or so...and curled up...woke up in time for just an hour walk...back to the
Creek...was taking Little Bird pics and clips..blurry as usual..and heard Hawk out in Owl Woods...somewhere by the Merced....and picked up and crossed the Woods...recorded the
call...and I was very close..but the call began to fade...the way it does when Hawk is flying away...so, no luck...was at the River and scanned all the Cottonwoods as I walked to Creek's End...and there saw Hawk circling way away over Bobcat Meadow..hopped over the Creek and the pursuit took me all the way to the Woodpecker Tree...Hawk was gone...and everything very quiet...except visually...little Snow flakes falling from the time I left the Cabin.....first Snow of Winter....met a friend on the Path, and we walked back. taking the long way around to Lower Falls...Ravens at the Picinic Tables....clip is short, but of interest, as tourist is overheard mentioning book...brb...

quote

Beyond croaking, "Nevermore," what exactly do ravens do all day? Bernd Heinrich, biology professor at the University of Vermont and author of Ravens in Winter, has spent more than a decade learning the secrets of these giants of the crow family.

Mind of the Raven by Bernd Heinrich

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Raven-Investigations-Adventures-Wolf-Birds/dp/0061136050/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260171515&sr=1-1

unquote

cloudy with patches of blue sometime..and splashes of Sunlight on the Walls...cold...tomorrow the tinytiny snow flakes will be much larger, the weathercasters promise....looking forward to looking for tracks...web report up with pics of Lower Falls Bobcat last nite...link:
http://sauerdough.wordpress.com/2009/12/06/encounters-on-the-yosemite-falls-trail/

Blog of the Day:
http://urbanhawks.blogs.com/

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Hi David, I had to pick five blogs to give a Superior Scribbler Award to and yours is one of them come see what I said about you!
http://breadonthewater.blogspot.com

yosemite faith said...

glad i have found you! one of my friends gave me my ID - doesn't seem right now that i have found your blog.

DavidDavid said...

Thanks, Jeannette. I had in mind once to make a weblog review of weblogs, this back when blogs were weblogs, awhile ago, when all there was was text. It had a name, DogEar. My dog, Bunny, had one floppy ear that wouldn't stand up straight, and a reviewed weblog was to be awarded a 'dogear'..a small drawing of Bunny with an appreciative 'woof!' signed off with Bunny (Foo Foo's) webname...DoggeralDDog....woof!! After a few of these reviews, I realized I'm too irreverently flighty my ownself to be bestowing awards, or making reviews. (webloggers took offense!) Nonetheless, I may resurrect DoggeralDDog, and the rest of the Skewed Crew, a sardonic bunch that made hash of current events...not unlike that manic reporter comic in the Chronic... I tried the link at your blog, but page hung up..

David