Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas Hawk
















Had a little time after late Breakfast, and paddled out to Owl Woods...friend was out ahead walking too, and I thought to divert, but heard Hawk, Cedar, calling, scree, scree, scree, scree, somewhere over by the Cattails...friend saw me, and started talking, and I started shushing..'Quiet!'...to no avail, and I kinda gave up.... somehow my protestations for quiet on the set are always met with amused derision!.... we talked awhile walking through the Woods, but then I heard Hawk call again behind us...paddled back, and sighted Cedar against the Magnificent Blue Sky...we'd walked right under the Ponderosa yakityyacking....circled about for pics...friend went ahead, busy with cell phone...all I had with was the new camera...took me awhile to notice that the Falls were in the background....backed up aways to get some scenics....very cool to see Cedar....sunny blueblue cool...warm almost...report of spilled bag of popcorn at the Train Wreck...'Ravens covered the whole courtyard'...and report of Coyote out in Bobcat Meadow yesterday....found new track in Owl Woods....tiny feet in straight line walk like Bobcat or Coyote....need to find 'critter tracks in snow' guide....and a Critter Tracks post up for sometime!....Oh...tried to get pic of Cedar taking off from perch, but looked down at the camera, looked back...and lookedlooked, but Cedar gone...still had time...caught up, and showed pics to friend, who was curious to know why this Red Shoulder doesn't look like the Red Shoulder I showed them the other day...explained the difference in colors between juvenile and adult..."I'll have to look up next time!" they said...just enough time left for looksee at Two Top Pine Meadow...paddled out the Diversion Channel and along the Path...quiet...and back to the Cabin...

No comments: