Sunday, December 13, 2009

Two Top Pine Hawk































Snow falling this morning...after Breakfast, geared up with the 12x and the digi...paddled over to Lower Falls and around over to Chapel Bridge....same route almost as yesterday...was thinking mostly of just taking Snow falling clips and pics with the digi...stopped here and there along the Path all the way to Swinging Bridge...sometimes the Snow would stop, and Clouds almost clear...and sometimes RainSnow....a quiet walk, and along the Bike Path I took a pic of Two Top Pine....waterproof works well on the tripod...I had it set up by itself on the digi bracket...just a bit after taking the pic, I saw Hawk flying over the Merced, and Hawk looked to go to the Pines over head along the Path...to see the Pine Tops, I had to go out into the Meadow...and found myself not far from the the Lone Cottonwood, where I was yesterday!...there are a lot of hard to see Blue Jays high in the Pines...and I thought they might help find Hawk...but Hawk came flapping slow over head, and I was able to get the 12x sighted, and took a clip of the last bit of the flight when Hawk perched in a Pine....it took me a minute to realize what Pine...it was Two Top Pine!...I went all thumbs...but Hawk, Red Tail, Zeke!!, preened and posed for a long time, and I had the chance to get clips and pics...new favorites!!!...kept looking at the watch, time was near....and picked up with Hawk still in view...but when I looked back for one last time, Hawk was gone...but not far....sighted Hawk perched on a nearby One Top Pine...and just before, sighted another Hawk perch on a faraway Snag by the Merced....OH!...I wish I had time to set up the digi again, and try for more pics!....and I think I heard Peregrine call..or a call from Red Tail I hadn't heard before...one lone piercing call...a long pause...and then another...really cool echoing from the Walls....Snow, RainSnow...cool...cloudy foggy misty...Raven pair pics back at the Chapel...and the scenics and clips along the way of Snowfall...for sometime...first two Hawk pics, Snag and Pine, are the last two pics I took on the walk....a fine walk!!

No comments: