Sunday, July 23, 2017

OTI:one poem and notes:7/23/17(2nd)

Open To Interpretation
 
City Of A Thousand Sub Plots

So, dearest, run, hold on to me near, close,
And we'll pull through this similitude's dreams
Just as arm in arm with Jesus we rose
To sing hymns louder than terrible screams.

So, Destiny, a virtuous life won
I seek, and dispatch these common fel brothers,
And offer love to you, my dearest one,
My sweetest, instead of all those others.

Blue Sky, hero of the silvery screen,
Goes on and on to critics' amazements.
Millions are spent, the gate receipts too lean,
A sorrow worse than spurned lovers' laments.

Meanwhile, we'll casually frequently date,
Beset by ranting creatures harboring hate.

DolphinWords

Notes: (update: fell to fel...hmmph...couldn't reference 'fel' so couldn't use it...it's not in the dictionary...a term from WoW, World of Warcraft, for evil green stuff that gets into characters and makes them so...used 'fell' as it worked, sorta...now fel, which works, sorta)...maybe some tongue in cheek self parody!...it came to mind that movieValerianCityOfAThousandPlanets2017 is a 'pilgrims' progress'...I was watching a youTube review and the reviewer noted that there were too many sub plots too loosely joined together...and I took excpetion!...no, I thought, each subplot is an allegory!....the Market in another dimension is Vanity Fair...the two-eyes-on-stalks emperor about to sushi snack on Laureline's brain, with a squeeze of lemon, is Gluttony...is the film a cover, a mash up with John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress?...I likely only read a bit of Bunyan in our literature class's anthology text, but I've seen so many stories derived from it that I likely know it all very well!...and it its self is likely derived from earlier works, notably bookTheGoldenAssbyApuleius...I've tried not to allegorize my own things...but it kind of just happens...consider the opening dream episode of the movie, and this:

The Pilgrim's Progress from this World to that which is to come
Delivered under the similitudes of a dream wherein is discovered his setting out, his dangerous journey, his safe arrival at the desired country.

quote from title page of John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress...

just below that on the page is reference to Hosea 12:10,

" I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets."

hmmph...Kahlil Gibran's book The Prophet has been in the mix, and it too I find is an allegorical Pilgrim's Progress ...and Salma Hayek transformed it into an animated movie, movieTheProphet2014, for 12 million, and it took in just one million...but Gibran's book started modestly, as did Bunyan's, but both went on to be among the top in popularity, both still in print...so, Critics be damned, I found movie Valerian delightful!

:)

DavidDavid

 

No comments: