Tuesday, August 15, 2017

OTI:one poem and notes:8/15/17

Open To Interpretation
 
Sonneteer
 
Oh, to be as an antique sonneteer,
I mean distant far away Time behind
When men chased with stone tipped arrows and spear,
And only composed courting songs in their mind.

Not to discount the marvel of etching,
To send along in words not to forget
That read far away upon receiving
All Cupid's sweet missives without regret.

But to be close enough for a whisper
And from those unknown mysterious dells
Mnemosyne on Pegasus transfer
Our most delirious magical spells...

Now we transcribe to a distant mirror
Forgetful once fearless we made love near.

DolphinWords

Notes: hmmph...I was just going over some medical commentary on hearing...nowadays one can crowd source any condition on the web...the 'mirror'...clearly we are all in better condition then when we were cave dwellers...or not...at any rate, the thought came that that is how we now get our primary medical advise, by reading/hearing it off the web...we're a far cry from the days I saw the last of...the home visit by a doctor with his big traveling bag...intimacy of any sort has become a nose in a book, or lcd screen...I've thought maybe I'm going a bit tone deaf to notes in conversation...I find myself saying 'huh?' a lot, 'can you repeat that?'...I still pass hearing tests with flying colors...it's more like when someone is talking it is just too fast, like when learning a foreign language...and this I think because everyday folk don't pace and articulate their speaking like movie/media stars...this is really notable at poetry readings...I comprehend like maybe twenty percent of what I'm hearing...which isn't unusual...as poems are fashioned in a way that make for multiple readings/hearings to comprehend...all through the rock and roll era I was more taken by the tunes than the lyrics...I couldn't make heads or tales of many of the lyrics...still the case, but now with the youtube songs with lyrics clips, I can understand, even rap!...well, off to OCPC reading to muse on this...a report when I return!...so, check back...update: rolled over to the Gypsy Den and read out Sonneteer and White Elephant...nibbled on some kind of stir fried vegies, and sipped one corona beer...and understood maybe ten percent of the words of the other readers!...but everyone was a tune, and those I hear 100 percent!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: