Thursday, August 31, 2017

OTI:one poem and notes:8/31/17

Open To Interpretation
 
How Long?
 
"How long will this take?"
Asked Petra.
"Awhile."
Said Nemo.
Nemo hung his head down, and looked glum,
As did Ishmael and Dana
Who had already been told,
As well as the crews.
They all knew, 
An impasse could come to pass.
Petra tapped her foot, said,
"How long awhile?"
"The Pentagons will have their say
In five at bats.".
Explained Nemo.
"The Hexagons have six,
So their home advantage,
Unless there is in the judges' eyes
A tie."
"And what then?" asked Petra.
"Then, it could go on forever."
Said Nemo.
"And who is to judge?"
Asked Petra.
"You are."
Said Nemo, looking at the sky.
"And with all our counsel to help you!"
Ishmael and Dana were quick to add.
"Aye, all of us!" said the crews.
"Hmmph," said Petra,
"Truer than true I am,
And my own judgement dread."
"Not to be dismayed..."
Said Nemo,
"We've brought William along
With his dancing harpoon,
His players as well to carry his tunes."
Nemo gathered himself,
And came to the matter:
"It's a poetry contest on a poets' world,
As tedious as some,
More extensive than most. 
Our five sided wights are sure to win,
Send the Hexagons into snowy fury."
"Best you all do,
Or we're a snowball forever."
Said Petra.
The Black Dragons listened,
And we're eager to be on,
Such their fascination for humankind's warblings."

DolphinWords

Notes:...I reached a point where I can give the sonnets a pause, I think...there's over fifty now, and I can make the chap book of them at Creative Space...and pick up again with the Black Deck Tales...those too I need to get into chap books...I think I have four now on the road to twelve, or twenty four!...the sonnets are one of the BDT books...hard to describe what I'm about!...hopefully, as things progress things will be self evident...anyway...the furnace fan came on again...just the fan...pop had the neighbor do something to make it come on in hot weather...and I cant figure out how to shut it off...air circulating is stuffy...bit of a mystery why it came on just now...it's been hot since first of July...and I just disconnected the wiring like I did last summer...thought to look up new furnaces...eight thousand to install combo in California...I dunno...looks as simple to me as a water heater...been there done those a lot...it's hot...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: