Saturday, August 26, 2017

OTI:two poems:8/26/17

Open To Interpretation

What's Next?

Tell me, Destiny, what's next?  A minute...
Oh, I can guess...whatever was behind.
Foolish to think, my blue sky intuit,
That to now you could permanently bind.

What's to be said after auguries read?
Nothing's doom so certain nothing's to do?
Whatever fortune I gathered instead
I'd gladly trade away to be with you.

It's not much, I know, another promise
Unpredictable I foretell each day.
What do I see? My aim will surely miss.
Cupid, my glancing eyes need  your 'still, stay'.

Beneath her Sycamore Tree I'll remain
Until your time to time comes 'round again.
 
 
 
Parrots

Time was verses were a fellow's parrot.
'Do you like poems?' he'd flirting
impose,
'I have here one of eternal merit
With rhyme and meter for your heart's transpose.'

The room would be filled with such popinjays
Making a raucous ruckus, your ear near,
Shoulder perched chattering bantering lays
Undeterred by your stubborn persevere.

'Have you seen colorful beaked rogues nibble
The branches of the undersea corals
Swaying to the currents surging fiddle
Of their extended parasol florals?'

'Oh, you've heard my flowery verse before?
Arrrrg, it's a pirate's parrot's life for sure.'

DolphinWords

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: