Friday, August 25, 2017

OTI:three poems:8/25/17

Open To Interpretation


LA Town

Oh, come ride my thigh, happy Santa's elf;
Flee awhile his toy shop assemblies,
Your workday everyday pinned down self
In California like miseries:

Banished seasons with one long winter pall:
A buzzing light tube's ballast never off
Shinning cool white flickering over all;
Caught the riotous colors turned to scoff:

There's no snow in LA Town any day
To freeze and rounded mold the card freeways,
Keep everyone home on a holiday
And away from his cement marching grays.

Oh, he no doubt has a list, and requests.
Yours, I hear.  Xmas gifts are for Augusts.
 
 
 
Synonyms

Oh, am I a synonym's synonym,
Or another meaning all together?
Many senses you've slain as one to them,
Now you're a deadly investigator.

Don't weigh a wit more, not a single quip,
And crush my stance by some laden insight;
Fate me a Matador torn by a rip,
Doomed for night and day from noon to midnight.

Needless to say you enchant my amour,
But pointless my own foolish flattering
You heard endless from those witless before--
See? You listen, fond of my love fawning.

Have you a thought I too a detective?
Entertained like you I so selective?
 
 
 
Lines

Oh this day to day isn't soon away
Unless my poor state earthquake crack in half,
The ocean drown these imposition's lay,
Dissolved at last to make the fishes' gaffe.

Stubborn I am as my state's hazy air
Taxed on demand resistant collection
That can make you sigh, 'This all so unfair!'
And make you seek masked inebriation.

What else did you think to come up against
When your toes joined the sand crab's swirled foam,
Your torso bewildered by waves unfenced
Rolling always restless though the sea's loam?

My lines are as stable as a stampede
Wave jumping airborne dolphins smiling read.
 
 
 DolphinWords
 
 :)

DavidDavid

No comments: