Wednesday, August 2, 2017

OTI:one poem and notes:8/2/17

Open To Interpretation
 
Wave Riders

I'm glad of it to see your skills displayed,
A wonder far beyond my own thunder,
These narrowed efforts I have shyly made.
So much wider a sky you glide over.

Beauty and Courage dancing up balanced,
While nearly submerged my thought my feeling
Appropriately clumsy, un-nuanced;
You mounted ride so smoothly galloping.

My craft stays shallow, with sluggish paddles
I endeavor to stay out of your way
Least we both flounder in these close battles;
I strive not ever to upturn your play.

Not to say that for some moments do I
So too rise up and bring ashore the sky.

DolphinWords

Notes:...some thunder and rain this afternoon...ate watermelon on the front step and watched...MidnightMovies...movieKingsmanSecretService2014...another movie length music video...songs unfamiliar to me, and just as well, as the scenes they accompanied I'd like to shake loose from me...so long as these films make the big bucks, the over the top depicted violence continues...and no point being repetitive repetitive pointing such out!...keep seeing previews of the new Kingsman, and thought to catch up...some of the scenes, like the slicing and dicing, and the fireworks exploding heads, are clearly inspired by the filters available to the digital animators...in the tvseriesElizabethI2005 the inspiration for horror is more old fashioned...the doings in Elizabethan dungeons and executions...which the animators have nothing on...oh, I made a random selection of Emily Dickinson--656...for someone who is said to have never seen the ocean...she knew the ocean!...some of 656 in Wave Riders...

quote

I started Early – Took my Dog –
And visited the Sea –
The Mermaids in the Basement
Came out to look at me –

And Frigates – in the Upper Floor
Extended Hempen Hands
Presuming Me to be a Mouse –
Aground – opon the Sands –

But no Man moved Me – till the Tide
Went past my simple Shoe –
And past my Apron – and my Belt
And past my Boddice – too –

And made as He would eat me up –
As wholly as a Dew
Opon a Dandelion's Sleeve –
And then – I started – too –

And He – He followed – close behind –
I felt His Silver Heel
Opon my Ancle – Then My Shoes
Would overflow with Pearl –

Until We met the Solid Town –
No One He seemed to know –
And bowing – with a Mighty look –
At me – The Sea withdrew –
 
Emily Dickinson
 
 
unquote
 
:)
 
DavidDavid

No comments: