Sunday, August 27, 2017

OTI:three poems:8/27/17

Open To Interpretation
 
Arc

You think I'm only an obligation,
Someone who comes by for their appointment,
And you give me distracted attention,
Maintaining professional deportment.

"What the fuck, this sucks!" I tell you straight out.
"One thing led to two things and here we are,
Time for no time you take to hear my shout."
"Pain," you say, "won't soothe with a small coin jar."

You successfully passed their resumes,
Coached them in scripted proper behaviors,
Uniformed them for any come-what-mays,
Sent them out confident to be saviors.

What the hell, I walk out and meet the dark,
But I'll be back, such our one on one arc.
 
 
Major Coachman

Oh, my four-in-hand coach left in the house,
The prancing black ponies shy from my toon,
Skittish each of again being a mouse
Towing a pumpkin beneath an orange moon.

'Boat on dry land, fish out of water',
I mutter profanities, they gallop away;
Magic can take and magic can falter;
'I'm wheels that don't roll, seats that don't sway.'

The clock didn't strike me, what could be done?
Why for the ponies Time didn't reach far?
Always I am the unfortunate one
While they dance beneath a lucky star.

Did her dainty foot step up onto me?
'Bareback she saddles, prancing they winnie.'
 
 
Pillows

Pillows are soft while I rest in my berth.
Sometimes I see them face up to the sun,
Or face down to the cement sheeted earth,
Or curled up crippled disabled to run.

The ocean rocks and sways my sweet dreams.
There inside the road roar, oblivious
Passerby's eyes forward in the bus seams,
Paused when one climbs aboard delirious.

My eyes open to where familiar I am.
There among strangers a stranger dozes,
Missing the stops of their transiting tram,
And booted back to their bed of roses.

I can walk ashore and can feel sea.
They feel sea and littered to the shore.
 
DolphinWords

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: