Saturday, August 26, 2017

OTI:one poem and notes:8/26/17

Open To Interpretation
 
Destiny

I'm a dog by your door, some say your slave
Sold away, your indifference entombed.
Where last your scent, before your architrave,
I there in hope wait you will be exhumed.

I inside sense your skeletal remains.
When the pale Moon clothes them in memories
My wailing howls across town entrains
Wildlings to barking their sympathies.

Poe knows the words that can un-enchant me.
Dumb beast that I am I have only one,
To bewail at the stars, 'Destiny'.
This silent town sleeps on disturbed by none.

Above and below this shadowed city
Only the dead take note of loyalty.
 
 
DolphinWords
 
Notes: over time now the sonnets are getting technically easier to manage...sometime a complete line just pops out...like I've acquired a sense of an iambic pentameter line...and there getting harder to stay true...it's easy enough to grab conceits from everywhere and anywhere...like some news reporter's assignments...I have enough of my own annoyances to report for awhile...'Destiny' began with 'like a dog on your grave', a Homeric simile refraining awhile...that's where most of these come from, refrains I've had for years!...I was just going to add this one to the other two posted tonight, thought being to do them in groups of threes...just doing one has been taking all day, but now I can do three, and wonder if I can do more per day...would like to have enough to make a Russian novel chap book!...and I find being hackneyed in an archaic form is fine!
 
:)
 
DavidDavid
 
 

No comments: