Sunday, September 20, 2020

AlisoAcrylic:OTI::pics, notes:::9/20/20

Open To Interpretation

Aliso Beach Skim Boarders

#stradaeasel


















Notes: rolled out 7am...picked up breakfast at Shake Shack about 8am...traffic snarled on Hwy One just south of Newport Blvd, going and coming!...police all over...some dust up I suspect...so, soh, a long commute...stuck to the plan to work on an acrylic of the Palace...tried one of the 11x14 clayboards I bought from Blick by mistake...thought they were gesso boards...really smooth and nice...was at a loss how to approach with the acrylics...held the painting with the little bungees...blocked in big loud colors...work out from there, somehow...oils stay wet, so easy to work with, acrylics dry while your painting!, but you can paint over dried areas quickly...the Skim Boarders were a welcome addition...rather have them for focus than the Palace, which, I've learned was built by the Gucci family, since changed, and now an  "event rental" mansion, or some such...the Bridge house has a story too...Laguna kind of an architects' playground!...I need to move the family in the foreground to the left, and under a big umbrella...fix the perspective on the Skim Boarders...lots of things...I'll fuss with the acrylics until I have what I want the oil to look like, then try that oil plein air...I bought a set of gauche too, so those will help getting a color scheme...my bare left foot, and my knees, got sunburned yesterday, everywhere the pad on my lap didn't cover...too much!...time for a snack and nap...

:)

DavidDavid


No comments: