Sunday, September 13, 2020

Bench:OTI::pics,notes:::9/13/20

Open To Interpretation

Bench, Aliso Beach

#stradaeasel











Notes:  Angels 5-2 over Rockies last evening...walk off three run home run in the eleventh by Walsh...missed it, was pre-occupied sitting on the front porch with a 11-14 canvas on my French easel trying to figure put how to do a plein air....I've had a method in mind all along...paint the whole canvas with Titanium White oil paint right from the tube, and then work the other colors in, all wet, wet into wet...in the dim porch light, the colors looked weak, but I hurried home from Aliso to see what they look like in daylight...and, and they're bright enough!...the white undercoat mutes them, pastels them...pastel chalks are never real dark, or light...I was reading Cezanne had his faults...couldn't draw, took forever to do a painting, tore them all up when he was miffed, and was funded by his rich parents!...lol...I have Uncle Sam, and my parents to thank for my circumstance!...albeit a social security check to check circumstance!...anyway, I couldn't get the darks dark...well, sorta...I mixed up the parking lot color on another small canvas...and that about as dark as I could go given the white titanium underneath...so, soh, on the roll out and back, I thought long on this, and arrived at the thought to cover the canvas with acrylic black...I think I can paint oil over acrylic...I know I can't paint acrylic over oil-it slides right off!...I could use black oil paint, I have a tube of Mars Black, or mix black with Alizarin and Ultra Marine Blue, that the usual way to make black, but takes forever to dry...the reach is to use the painting itself as the palette...how that one progressed, is I'd put the paint right from the tube on a brush, and so to the canvas...to get the green, I mixed yellow and blue...the purple is alizaren and ultramarine...sometimes, if I needed a color for one element, I'd just borrow it from another already on the painting...this easier to see in a video...for sometime, soon!...anyway, so today, I'll paint a canvas all black with acrylic, I think I have Mars Black acrylic too, and for sure Alizaren and Ultramarine...the whole idea for the white, goes back to the little people on Stoneman Bridge I painted for class...classmates much taken by them...what I did, was paint a white silhouette of each figure, then touch it here and there with colors...for sometime a video demo of that!...for the porch, I want to get some flourescent tube lights, like car mechanics use...one cool white, one warm white...once told those two together make natural light...Valley painting is 11-14 too, from my vacation photos-1996, and painted 2003, in Spring class before I arrived at the Valley that September...looking up Yosemite paintings, I found the application for jobs in Yosemite online...









Edit: messed around all afternoon with art notions...oh, the Aliso oil is the first oil since my class!...the toxicity of oils was problematic in the Valley...last night on the porch, the paint fumes made me shake my head...so,soh, missed the Angels/Rockies, but now it's bottom of ninth, Angels 5-3...the Aliso painting will take like a week to dry...paint put on thick...to do the Valley pic, I worked up layer by thin layer...just painted on Teusday and Thursday...much fun...Palomar was set up to teach art at the community college level...big studios...ceramic, printing studios...community colleges are great opportunities!...two down...blacked out a canvas board with acrylic...after a nap, see what I can do with it...Rockies got one strike left...2-2 count...K...Angels 5-3...put a halo over this one!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: