Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Wood'sCove:OTI::pics,notes:::9/29/20

Open To Interpretation

Wood's Cove, Laguna Beach

#stradaeasel












Notes: out and back...back by 9am, before the Fog burned off and the heat turned on...Wood's Cove is where my SCUBA classes would go...ended up there after not being able to quite locate The Tower, which is nearabout Nyes and Victoria Streets...discussed finding it with Scott of the Giant Red Van at Aliso, where I went first to snack JackintheBox #21 and large coffee...as we talked, I looked over Scott's shoulder, and he had a large photo poster of The Tower on his Van's wall...go figure...it's confusing to find, as signs all over, Private Property, No Beach Access...way to get there is from where there is access at low tide...but tide was high, reaching the stairs at Wood's....did the sketch quickly from mid-way down the stairs...these small coves are wonders, and I try to ignore the homes on the bluffs...eventually, the thought, I'll collect plein air oils of each...a project for years!...meanwhile, the photo is knockdown, a new favorite!...oh, to have professional grade camera gear!...photos have all been with my Canon Powershot SX50HS, a few with the old Rebel and the 70-300 green ring lens...always forget what it is called...dioptic or something...perfect for out and abouts...my long time photo gear in Yosemite...somewhere my Canon underwater point and shoot...those three always with...and the big SLICK tripod, and a goose neck attachable thing...a fellow on facebook is lighting up the facebook birdwatcher group with Ospreys, Kites, Hawks, from Bolsa Chica...bit jealous of that...after tomorrowmorrow, last day of strada challenge, I'll leave off Laguna for the wide sandy beach towns, Seal Beach to Corona del Mar...Corona is the first of the cove and crescent beaches, the wide beaches start up again past Dana Point...a few coves/crescents past Carlsbad at La Jolla...AMTRAC train can deliver me there...then San Diego bays, and some kind of beaches to the Mexican borders...from there, the wild coastline of Baja California...I dont think Mexico permits building right up to the ocean's edge in Baja...some of that for certain...I dunno...a sometime! 

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: