Thursday, September 24, 2020

TheSpot:OTI:pics,notes:::9/24/20

Open To Interpretation

Palace, Aliso Beach, South Bluff 

plein air Blick oils on Blick canvas board 11x14 

#stradaeasel










Spot is Lawn Island with
the one Palm Tree on right
-parking spot to right...
Mini Cooper is actually right there!...
but not a parking spot...











Notes:  On the first day, walking back from doing the Charcoal Sketch, I had noticed "The Spot"..."Oh!", I thought, walking past the parking lot Lawn Island with the one Palm Tree, "I should'a' sat there..."...and it's been on my sometime list since...out and back before sunup, I arrived at Aliso with JackintheBox snack and coffee, and the parking spot next to The Spot was vacant!...that's never happened!...usually big pickups or camper vans there...so, soh, I pulled right in, a happy clam..."I can oil paint from inside Silver, my Jeep..." my thought...and I took in that morning's view of the Palace and South Bluff...a fog bank!...thought and thought long on that...and, and, I thought, "why not?" and set up the French Easel on the Lawn Island in the shade of the Palm Tree, and commenced to plein air oil paint in the antique fashion-a first time to use the easel in such environs!...it was early, no one around except my neighbor in the giant Red Camper Van...Scott, his name I learned, and he explained the parking spot I was in, thanking me for being there...usually another fellow with a big pick up parks there everyday, all day, right from sunup...that I'd witnessed!...and they didn't get along, or some such...from there we talked about my painting effort, off and on during the few hours it took...finished, he liked it, and asked, "is that what you saw this morning?"...he had asked how I was going to deal with the changing light, and the fog coming and going, and I explained I had a snapshot in my head...pics above show the fog bank when I first got there...but, it morphed!, of course, as things will held in memory...such is Impressionism!!!...anyway, as I left, a passenger car pulled into the parking spot, and Scott has a respite for awhile longer...there's like a community of regulars at the Parking Lot...dog walkers too...and they've noted my regular appearances, so, for awhile, I'm in the swim...tommormorrow, the North Bluff, and maybe the Rock House, and an exploration of the Park's inland grounds...there's parking there too, on the other side of Aliso Bridge/Hwy One, and I think a trail going into the hill canyon of Aliso Creek...much fun!...onward...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: