Friday, December 14, 2007

Bobcat (or Lynx?)







Didn't have much time for the walkabout...so it was more of a marchabout as I made the big loop...it was sunny over by Swinging Bridge....Hawk was calling way over by Three Brothers...Coyote was out in Chapel Meadow...got long pic with that Clouds Rest view...then further on a limping Coyote came right by me...both were on the lookout for mice and such...but I didn't see them catch any...walking I can get lost in thought...and where I was out in the meadow I looked up and espied something strolling across Chapel Footbridge...oh...Bobcat!!..and I dropped the tripod and got the camera out in time for a long shot...I could see Bobcat was headed to the use path that goes to Lodgepole Point...and I waded across the Merced ahead of where I thought Bobcat would go...but Bobcat made a right turn into the Deer House Oaks..and I was able to get another clip ..but they are all distant...the one here is a pic...well wait..I have two stills...I'll post all three...it's rare to see Bobcat!!.....feet very cold and I made too much noise with squishy boots...though I was never very close...40 yards at best...Deer I have no qualms about being near...even the nearest I've been has been a mile away compared to the tourist who are petting them!...but with the rare shy critters like Bobcat, Bear, Hawk, I dont get close enough for them to notice me...that first pic is the one glance my way...the Merced has gotten a little deeper....a cold sunny and blue day.
Lokking in the pic...the back of the left ear with the little tuft....I wonder if it is a Lynx!

No comments: