Sunday, December 9, 2007

Frozen Ground


Went for the walkabout after early breakfast...wanted to see the frozen puddles on Bobcat Lane...then heard the Hawk and was off...and when paddling over the Diversion Channel I noticed the ground was nice and hard to walk on...usually it is a slog in loose gravel and sand...crossed over and found the Deer near the Bridge Road...which they crossed and I followed...and on the other side...almost another Creek it is so different because of erosion and fallen trees...I was taking a kinda neat clip of them walking up above me on the bank...I had gone down in the Creek bed in the hopes of seeing them walk through Creek Bridge...which would have been great clip....as it is I heard footsteps in the leaves and panned over and included in the clip the Buck with all it's antleers still...and as I followed his progress..and ahead to the Does who did some leaping over a gap...too bad resolution is so low when they move...focus doesn't keep up either...but still a neat clip....I counted nine or ten does...but didn't see the Broken Antleer Buck, or the Young Buck....off tomorrow so will see if I can find them all again...Hawk too...who was calling all over the Creek Woods. And Owl...


Clear and cold in the morning...I guess the Creek wont really rise until Spring!...but it is up a tiny bit.

No comments: