Friday, December 28, 2007

Coyote Walking in the Creek


Towards the end of the walkabout...behind the Deer House...I spotted Coyote walking in the Creek...this the only critter I'd really seen after two hours of struggling about on my cross country skis...today was a skiabout...but mostly a walkabout with skis over shoulder!....it snowed a little last night and I thought it would be good to ski on over the ice snow...and I got out beyond Swinging Bridge to the Four Mile Trail Head and back to Swinging Bridge...but then when I got out in Coop's Meadow the snow built up on the ski's bottoms...didn't wax them....I struggled awhile and then gave up and just trudged...weighted down with tripod and skis...I may as well have left the tripod behind as when I set up to take clip Coyote...and it would have been a cool one!...I found I forgot to put the SLIK quick release adapter back on when I changed camera batteries!....so I lost a good opportunity and just post this one still...Coyote here is the only critter to leave tracks up the Creek from about Duck Harbor to 46's Bath Tub...I did find Raccoon, and Grey Squirrels hopping tracks..and Raven's...over at the Swinging Bridge Picnic Benches...I hadn't thought of that being a possible place to find them because of the snacks left by the Tourists...the Raccoon family that was here the Summer before last didn't make it to last Summer...I can hope they moved somewhere...but after they boarded up their home in the rafters at Last Chance...I'm afraid they lost their safe home....and so I haven't seen a Raccoon for a long time except one over at Last Chance at night....I miss them...there are some over at Curry...and report of a Ring Tail...I'll have to go over there and make a night photo attempt...as they are both nocturnal....cloudy day but reported to be ten degrees warmer than yesterday...which explains the snow gluing to my skis!...I was worn out when I got back to the cabin...and with work it's been a long long day!!...the Deer...Does, Fawns, and a Buck were about but I missed them.

No comments: