Friday, December 7, 2007

Snow Buck


Had breakfast...then caught the bus to the Post Office...walked back with large photo tube under my poncho...the Lodge Hawk pic,,,and it was raining with a little snow...got to Lodgepole Point to see if the Creek had risen..which it hasn't inspite of all night rain...think what is happening is the low spots..the ponds..have to fill up first...there was some water coming over the Lower Falls...went back by way of the Deer House and the Deer were there romping about...three tourists in the midst of them...took clips and pics...somewhat marred I suppose by benches and fire hydrant and cars and roads and tourists...but the Deer seem to be able to block it out...though they all turned their heads and ears towards me when I showed up...a blue apparition in my head to toe poncho!...and while filming them it really did try to snow a bit...the usual Valley snow that melts when it hits the ground...tomorrow morning the Rim should be dusted with Snow...and I'll have to get up early to get pics before it melts.


Another Antlered Buck was in amongst the Does and Fawns...but the one with the broken antlers is in charge...that's him in the pic.

No comments: