Thursday, December 13, 2007

Orphaned Fawn







Well, I was half way wading across the Merced with the wrong boots on...feet getting wet...chasing Hawk...and Ouzel was in a pond singing behind me...the water was deeper ahead...and I did get some long distance pics of Hawk...Coop I call this one now!...and I went back and got a nice clip of Ouzel singing....a little further on...this by Half Stump...I saw a young Deer...the Fawns are Young Deer now!...up at Creeks End..and it was bleating...making that plaintive call when they're separated from mom and the other Does...and I got a long distance pic...but no sound...there was a little gathering of a Nature walkabouters at Creek's End and I didn't want to disturb them...sunny blue and cold..and a nice walk....oh, gathered up what I thought was Grey Squirrel hair..but now I think it's Coyote.

No comments: